Going through old family photos is one of my favorite activities of all time. I love getting lost in moments, learning about parts of people through stories only remembered because of the image. My Grandparents started dating very young, so some of my favorite photographs are from their early years of dating. I have treasured this photo of my Grandma and Grandpa for years now and am happy to have finally found a use for it! I love how it captures not only my Grandpa's smooth-guy demeanor, but I absolutely adore the juxtaposition of him, gun in hand, with my Grandma standing off to the side of him completely interested in something else.
What you'll need:
- A notebook (I used the Kraft paper Moleskins)
- Old Photograph
- Silhouette Printable Cotton Canvas or Sticker Paper
- Silhouette CAMEO (or tools to cut by hand)
1. After choosing an image, scan it and pull it into Silhouette Studio or Photoshop to resize.
2. Measure your notebook, and size your photograph accordingly. I put a white border around mine to give it a polaroid feel.
3. In Silhouette Studio, with registration marks set to print, send your design to the printer. I printed my images on the adhesive cotton canvas from Silhouette America, but you can use plain sticker paper as well!
4. Place your printed sheet onto your cutting mat and send it to your CAMEO to cut. If you don't own a Silhouette CAMEO or electronic cutting tool, you can print and cut your image by hand!
5. Once your photograph is cut down to size, peel the backing away from the cotton canvas or sticker paper and place on the front of your notebook!
Now you'll have a piece of family history with you, as you work on building your own life-story! What cherished photograph would you want to tote around with you?