Oh, how I love me some school supplies! Who am I kidding, I am the girl who can't break up with school supply shopping, no matter how long ago it was that I was a student. With Chicago going back to school this week, I thought it would be fun to share some School Supply DIYs. Who needs to buy school supplies when you can reimagine what you already have lying around? Say goodbye to boring old black binder clips, and hello to an adorably easy upcycle!
What you'll need:
- Old Binder Clips
- Fabric Tape/Washi Tape
- Spray Paint
- Start by taking apart the binder clips. Each clip will have 3 parts (1 clips + 2 "arms")
- Lay out all pieces (outdoors) on cardboard or other paintable surface.
- With your spray paint color of choice, cover all pieces equally. You can do the clips one color and the arms another, or all one color! Because my heart still flutters watching old things becomes gold things, all gold it is for me. Obsessed.
- Once dried, flip pieces over to coat the other sides until the pieces of fully covered.
- Carefully reinsert the "arms" into the clips.
- For the solid gold binder clips, this is where your project creating ends- Well, done! Let's just note how unbearably twee mini binder clips are when they are gold. Am I admitting my strong adoration for a small sized binder clip? Seriously? Yes.
- If you want to add a more handmade touch, you can add a stip of fabric tape (or washi tape) to either side of the "clip"
And that my friends is all there is to it! Now, good luck keeping these babies from getting "borrowed" for forever.
"Ooo...where did you buy those? "
"Oh these?... I made them."
"Can I use one? I promise to give it back."
Save yourself the trouble...make extra from the start! Don't say I didn't warn ya!